Operations Analyst, Full-Time
Connect Transit is celebrating 50 years of service as the primary public transit system for the Bloomington-Normal area this year, providing quality transportation to residents, allowing them to live spontaneously. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable transportation and access to opportunity to strengthen and enrich individual lives, our community, the economy, and the environment. All our employees are vital in supporting this mission, read on to see how you can be part of it too!
As the Operations Analyst at Connect Transit, you will play a pivotal role in the Operations Department. Reporting to the Operations Director, your responsibilities will encompass assisting the Operations team with projects, data analysis, materials preparation, and the creation of SOPs, manuals, training courses, and developing recommendations to enhance efficiency and new policies and procedures, as needed.
$55,000 – $65,000 annually, dependent on qualifications.
What We Offer:
- Medical insurance: Connect Transit will pay 100% of employee premium and 65% of dependent premiums
- Dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid birthday
- Retirement plans, employer contribution of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement available
- Free bus pass for employees and immediate family members
- A collaborative team environment where coworkers are committed to your success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborating with the Operations team to execute and support various projects.
- Collecting and analyzing operating data to derive insights that enhance efficiency.
- Compiling and organizing data findings into comprehensive and actionable reports.
- Developing recommendations and contributing to the development of new policies and procedures based on data and trends, as needed.
- Active participation in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of newly implemented processes.
- Assisting with the creation of materials to facilitate the smooth flow of operations, including policy documents, guides, SOPs, and training courses.
- Providing training to team members on new systems, procedures, and policies.
- Supporting the onboarding process for new Operations personnel.
- Ensuring accuracy of reports and data submitted by supervisory staff.
- Assisting in developing and updating demand projections for planning and budgeting.
- Preparing technical reports for presentation to the Board of Directors as necessary.
- Assisting with ADA paratransit program eligibility appeals.
- Contributing to labor contract negotiations by preparing data and trend analysis, as required.
- Providing shift coverage for Operations Supervisors, if needed.
- Adapting to and executing additional duties as assigned by the Operations Director.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in paratransit and/or fixed route operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Urban Planning, Business Administration, or a related field (or equivalent education and experience).
- Valid Illinois Driver's License
- Acceptable driving record (No serious traffic or license violations within the last five years).
- Successful completion of a federal background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Ability to coordinate, supervise, and lead daily work activities.
- Strong leadership and supervisory aptitude.
- Proficiency in delivering professional presentations.
- An aptitude for interpreting and applying relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Budgeting proficiency.
- Ability to conduct research and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and communication equipment.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and attend events when necessary.
- Willingness to learn and apply various theories, principles, and practices related to transit and transportation planning, laws, labor relations, and more.
*Connect Transit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.